Here is an example of how to translate the theme using PoEdit.
In the below example we translate the site into French fr_FR, if you wanted to change to another language substitute fr_FR for your language. So for Russian, it would become ru_Ru.
- Download PoEdit https://poedit.net/
- Download your .pot language file from your server directory using your FTP, for example wp-content/themes/atelier/languages/atelier.pot.
- Search through your strings and amend the translations to your requirements and un-check the fuzzy translations (marked in yellow). Click File => Save as.
- When finished, click File => Compile to MO.
- Upload both your new language files fr_FR.po and fr_FR to the folder wp-content/themes/atelier/languages/.