New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Theme errors in Wp-admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    mike_litoris

Hi,

I’m getting the following errors in Wp-admin:

Called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.2! The text_direction option is deprecated for the family of bloginfo() functions. Use the is_rtl() function instead. in /home/content/81/7537581/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3508

and

Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home/content/81/7537581/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3391

See img attached.

Please advise

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have the latest WordPress version?

-Rui

mike_litoris

Yes I have the latest WordPress and the latest theme.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Try to clear the cache, and deactivate all plugins. That message is coming from the WordPress core files.

Maybe something went wrong in the WordPress update, probably it will be necessary to upload the WordPress files again using ftp.

-Rui

mike_litoris

Rui
    Im reading on the Internet its the problem with the theme not wordpress. Please can you investigate and give me a solid answer. Your suggestion is vague.

Thanks

mike_litoris

Im also getting this error as well now

variables should be passed by reference in /home/content/81/7537581/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/NetDNA/NetDNAPresentation.php on line 28

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I disagree with you my suggestion isn’t vague. The error is in a specific file from WordPress core files.
    /home/content/81/7537581/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3508

Now you show me another error from a cache plugin.

/home/content/81/7537581/html/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/NetDNA/NetDNAPresentation.php on line 28

That’s the most precise answer I can give with the data I have.
    At the moment nothing is related to our theme, but we are trying to help you figure out what’s going on.

From my experience when this happens somehting went wrong in the WordPress update.

Did you follow my suggestion of deactivating the plugins clear the cache to see what happens?

Does it happens with the default WordPress theme?

-Rui

mike_litoris

Hi Rui,

I was referring to this top result on google which seem to be WP forum – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/get_theme_data-is-deprecated-since-version-34

Following your advice I tried clearing cache and de-activating plugins. When I disabled the plugins the issue seemed to go away at first. But then I couldn’t understand which plugin is causing it. I switched off the Skimlinks plugin that I thought was the problem and the get_theme message went away, but than the other plugins like for example W3 Total Cache were still showing errors… At least 3 plugins are showing errors. It seems unlikely that three usually problem-free plugins are causing the issues.

I now re-installed WordPress manually. But the issues are still there. Please can you help as I’m getting a bit desperate here??

Many Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

In that case will need admin credentials.
    Use the private reply.

-Rui

mike_litoris
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Will need ftp access. When I deactivated the theme the site went down.
    Apologize for any inconvenient.

-Rui

mike_litoris
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Already reverted to the previous situation.

The problem is in one of your plugins, also checked with other theme and it happens the same.

You need to deactivate all plugins, and activate one by one to figure out what plugin is causing. One of those plugins is not using the most recent WordPress codex practices.

Can’t afford taking the risk to damage something in a problem not caused by the theme where we were only trying to help with something outside our support scope.

-Rui

mike_litoris

Rui,
    The errors were down to Wp Dubuggin being enabled. I set it to False and the errors are gone now.

Thanks
    e

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register