New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Swift Slider Video all black on smartphone browser

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    djsface

Hey!

When i view http://purovita.djs-face.com/ in my Galaxy S5 standard Android Browser all i see is a black square. Is there any solution?

David Martin – Support

Yes, please upload a fallback image for the video. The video autoplay is not supported on mobile devices for self hosted videos.

djsface

Great help thank you!

Will it work when i host it somewhere else with the URL?

David Martin – Support

You can test a Vimeo/YouTube – autoplay may still not be available though.

Thanks.

luisaarangom

Why isn’t autoplay supported on mobile devices for self hosted videos? Is there a way to enable it?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @luisaarangom

Do you mean for background videos?

Ed

luisaarangom

We use video in a full-width banner at the top of our homepage. Technically, it’s the only slide in a Swift Slider, just like the second slide on your “Home Naked” demo (http://swiftideas.com/home/home-naked/). So yes, I guess that’s a background video?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

If you have the latest Swift Framework plugin, then these should autoplay now that they are supported (but this is device dependent!).

Ed

luisaarangom

We have what appears to be the latest version (2.5.53), but the video doesn’t work on Chrome for Android. One thing i found: When I run Chrome on desktop in “emulator mode”, emulating a smart phone, the <video> element is actually not present on the page (there’s only the .video-overlay div inside .video-wrap). So it looks like there’s some piece of JavaScript that either removes or doesn’t add the <video> element on Android devices? (the video works on iPhone)

I have solved it temporarily by adding the video via raw html (so my device does infact support autoplay videos).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register