New Landing How can we help? Atelier Site speed issues

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @catalin

We’ve already responded to you on this via email – again, not sure how you were seeing 1.6 seconds, but this simply isn’t true. We’ve checked multiple pages on our site and all are milliseconds, not seconds. Please stop spreading false information.

@PictureItKids
    – please take other comments with a pinch of salt. We’d highly recommend using wpengine – we have used them for years and have had nothing but great things from them.

Thanks,

Ed

catalin

Hello @Ed

I have paid for, customized and use your theme on my website. I’m only trying to point out what I experience, wishing you will address it and hopefully correct it in the future. I’m only print screening the results Google Page Speed returns for YOUR own website! Claiming that’s false information, it only makes me think something’s even fishier.

Here’s another, 1.2seconds server response time.

To replicate it, please do the following, anyone trying your theme can do this and draw his/her own conclusions:

Go the the main page of your demo site ( http://swiftideas.com/ ) > right click a product > copy link address. Then, go to google page speed tool and paste the url: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Please understand you get milliseconds response time for cached pages!! Pages that are static, where no processing (php or db) takes place. Server just spits it out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @catalin

Definitely not trying to argue here – doing anything but making our theme as fast as we can would be counter-productive. Anything that we can replicate and investigate, we’ll be happy to resolve.

We tested your method, to the point, and again got 0.28s. Tested a few more times, including incognito, and also 0.28s. I appreciate you are seeing this, and I wonder why – maybe because of your region?

At the end of the day the theme uses more database calls and php that a default WordPress theme because it provided extra features and options. Unfortunately all that does come at the cost of a certain amount of speed over a basic theme.

Ed

catalin

Changing hosts did it for me. I was getting 1 – 1.2sec page response time on WPEngine. Moved to something half the price and now I’m getting 0.5sec page response time. I’m happy at this point. So, I wanted to let you guys know about this.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @catalin

Wow – I’d be very interested to hear who you went with, and also glad that your issue has been resolved.

Ed

catalin

Hello @Ed

Now I’m hosted with ClowdWays on Vultr servers on a $11 account vs the $29 account I had with WPEngine.

If I’m not wrong, if you check out WPEngine shared plans they don’t even mention how much resource your app has dedicated, yet on Cloudways everything is transparent, you buy RAM, CPU and have bandwidth volume include. You can also choose from different datacenters ( Amazon, Google, DigitalOcean, Vultr )

Not sure if they are the best out there, or suited for any needs, but for me they made a big difference at half the price

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know – will definitely check it out!

Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register