New Landing How can we help? Atelier Site speed issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    PictureItKids

My site is slow to load and only gets a score of 51 on Google Analytics. I’m wondering if any of the Google Analytics suggestions below are related to the theme and if so, how to fix the issues that slow down the site loading time?
    – leverage browser caching (I have a cache plugin activated)
    – render-blocking java-script and css
    – visible content prioritizing
    – minify (I have a minify plugin activated too)
    I attached screenshots for more details. Thanks for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Please use this tool: tools.pingdom.com to see why your site is slow.

Please run through these steps:

– Install WP Super Cache or BWP Minify.

– Ask your host to enable gzip compression

– Consider serving your resources from a CDN such as MaxCDN

– The Autoptimize plugin is great to further minify your assets: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/.

– Before uploading images, be sure you correctly save them for web. Consider installing and running this compression plugin to reduce image size: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smushit/

– Please read this great article on How to Fix: Parallelize Downloads Across Hostnames Warning

– If you are using a cheap hosting provider your site will never be super, super fast – consider WPEngine if you want pure speed improvements.

Thanks.

PictureItKids

I implemented a lot of the above and my speed is not improved. My biggest issue is the render-blocking Java script and CSS. I’m pretty sure this has to do with the theme. How do I fix this?

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is plugin territory, using W3 Total cache allows you to resolve the render-blocking Java script and CSS query. Have you got that setup?

PictureItKids

I tried to add that plugin, but I’m still having a poor score with the same render-blocking issues.

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Try WP Super cache.

-Rui

teddyden

I also have all the same issues and I don’t think that there is a magical plugin that will fix this issue. I feel the theme is packed with so many features that are not needed for every single site and there is not way to remove them

PictureItKids

I hope that’s not the case, as I picked this theme because it was advertised as fast…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey @teddyden & @PictureItKids,

I can assure you that the theme is developed in a way to ensure that it is as quick as it can be, whilst providing as much functionality as our customers desire. The speed you see on our demo site is using the exact same theme that you use, so you can see for yourselves how quick it is. This isn’t modified in any way, and only utilises good hosting, caching, and performance plugins.

Can I ask what web hosting you are using? This is almost certainly the first red flag for any speed issues you may be having. Happy to take a look further if you can let us know what hosting you are using?

Thanks,

Ed

PictureItKids

Bluehost.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Shared hosting – if so, this is the reason for the performance. Unfortuantely, shared hosting simply doesn’t cut it for premium WordPress themes.

Ed

catalin

Same here, getting 1,2 seconds server response time. One thing I noticed that can improve performace is not inserting into the database, theme options that are the default ones. There are about 30 theme related parameters per page. With 1000 products, it can be a lot of extra database entries that are not actually used, in case they are the default ones, because the theme seems to check the values of these parameters and if not there it uses the default values anyways

Then it seems there are a lot of .woof files that can be combined together and I saw a suggestion to encode these files as .woof2 maybe ?

PictureItKids

thanks, Catalin. What hosting do you suggest then, Ed?

catalin

One more thing (for the creators): here’s your atelier website returning 1,6s page response time!!! with google page speed. So, please stop saying it’s fast. 1,6s response time is awful. Probably you get low values for cached pages which are static (no code processing, no db query/extraction time), so it’s normal they are fast

Attachments:
    PictureItKids

So it sounds like the only way to really fix this is to go get a whole new theme? That sounds like a lot of work. Or is there a way to get a simplified version of it that would be faster?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register