Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Kraver

Ok, a couple things

1. There seems to be on way to edit a permalink. I changed the name of one of my portfolio items and saved and it didn’t changed the permalink. Where the permalink is shown, there is nothing to click to edit it.

2. Why when I save these portfolio items, do all the permalinks have a (?) in them? I went to settings and it doesn’t show up there. Where did the (?) come from? How do I remove it and prevent future items from having them?

Sorry for the constant borage of questions. I am almost there.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try to use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-permalinks/.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Kraver

This worked perfectly. I thought there was way to fix it within the theme itself that I was doing wrong. Thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad it’s sorted. Thanks Mohammad.
    -Rui

Kraver

Wait, I just clicked through and my website now has broken links and 404 errors. I was happy that I could edit the permalinks, but I just clicked on my portfolio items and they do not go anywhere. What do I do now?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

try to go the Settings-> Permalinks and hit the save button again to flus the rewrite rules.

Sometimes this works.

-Rui

dvzprohd

Hey Rui,

I’m getting the same 404 errors when I try to use the same plugin to change the permalinks to my portfolio posts. Seems like it works when I set it to have the ‘post-id’, but anything custom just breaks the link and causes a 404 error.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

@dvzprohd
    – Please provide me wordpress admin login and specific page url with issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register