New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Parallax backgrounds no longer working in Google Chrome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    adampigottphoto

Hi,

I’ve noticed in the past few days that the parallax backgrounds no longer seem to work properly in Chrome. I originally thought this was an issue with my Mac but have since tried it on a variety of different machines and browsers and found that it must be something to do with Chrome (although the parallaxes are rather jumpy in Internet Explorer).

This is an example page which should have a parallax just below the counters but nothing appears:

http://www.shakedownmag.com/ogier-holds-comfortable-monte-lead-despite-day-three-loses/

How can this be resolved as quickly as possible?

Many thanks,

Adam

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please can you provide me with a login so I can look into this

– Kyle

adampigottphoto
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tzvimoshe

Hi,
    I am having similiar issue with parallax bg in google chrome – perhaps because of chrome update?
    Any idea when you’ll have a fix for this?
    Thanks!

leisek

I too am having the same issue. Following thread for fix.

Gizan86

I just wanted to post the exact same problem!

adampigottphoto

Further to this, I’ve noticed this which appears to suggest that it’s treating the page as an image. I only seem to get this error in Chrome – perhaps this could be something to do with it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Testing this locally and can’t replicate, very odd that there are a few people seeing the issue. I’m wondering if it may be plugin related, such as that error you are seeing because of Revolution Slider.

If anyone could please test temporarily disabling Revolution Slider / other plugins, would be good to see if it is down to an update from something.

– Ed

eternalbeta

Ed —

I’m also seeing this same error so wanted to pitch in what I am seeing with a little more detail. Like the others, I’m only seeing this in Chrome, both on PC and Mac. I’m also led to believe this may be due to some update in Chrome, because I’m having this issue on a site that was not touched for close to a week and is suddenly having the scrolling issue. I’ve also seen this issue in multiple versions of Dante.

A quick fix for now is to change fixed background to scrolling, which although it disables the parallax for the moment, it does allow the backgrounds to load properly. Hopefully any of this can be of some help.

leisek

Nice find Ed. While it doesn’t solve our parallax fixed function, at least using the scroll as you mentioned puts my image back on the screen for the time being. Now just waiting on an update so it’ll work properly again.

rlshaw

Yes, exact same problem here using Chrome and had discovered changing the parallax to stellar is temp workaround.

ielbury

Same Chrome + iOS/Safari problem here http://www.innomega.com. Works fine with IE.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ed is looking into this, but as asked, did any of you test it with NO plugins activated?

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Spent some more time investigating this and it seems as though adding this custom css should fix it:

#container {
    overflow: visible;
    }

Very odd that it only happened all of a sudden, but maybe a change in the chrome engine which changed the way it renders the page.

This will be in the next update this week.

– Ed

eternalbeta

Thanks Ed. I’ve implemented the code on a couple of my sites and can confirm this fixed it for both.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register