New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Nota Open an Easy Digital Downloads 'Free Downloads' modal with Nota Button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    neighbor2

I’m building a site that integrates the Easy Digital Downloads – Free Downloads plug-in, and would like to trigger their modal pop-up with a Nota Button element.

I can easily get a Text or Image element to open the EDD’s Free Downloads modal, using their shortcode "#edd-free-download-modal" data-download-id="452" and [edd_free_download download_id="452"] [/edd_free_download]

However, I’d much prefer to use a button than this workaround. Could you advise on how I might be able to use a Nota button to open their modal? Thank you in advance. And, thank you for making such great themes. I’m now on my second site and theme, and have really enjoyed working with them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Can you create a standalone test page for their plugin button?

I do not know what they are using to trigger to model, it could be an ID as above #edd-free-download-modal or a class or something totally different.

Once you have added one of our shortcode buttons to the page, you can view the page source code and grab the raw button HTML. You can then modify that HTML and paste it back into a Text asset from the page builder replacing the actual shortcode.

Thanks

neighbor2
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

If you inspect the source code you can pretty much merge the EDD link into our button shortcode output.

The code would be:

<a class="sf-button large black stroke-to-fill dropshadow sf-button-has-icon edd-free-download" href="#edd-free-download-modal" target="_self" data-download-id="452"><span class="text">Visit Another Site</span><i class="fa-asterisk"></i></a>

I have added the code to your page.

neighbor2

Excellent. This works well.
    Thank you very much!

David Martin – Support

Glad to help you out! If you have found the theme/support useful, we appreciate it if you can leave feedback on our item if you have the time as it really helps us out.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register