New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Multiple issues with drop down menus and images…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    nickycc

Hi Guys,

Logging on today I have noticed a number of issues that have suddenly appeared.
    I have checked this in Safari (on iPhone), Chrome and IE (on Laptop) and the problems are universal.

1) Menu’s/Header
    – Menu drop downs not working, nor are mega menus when I activated them to check.
    – Subscribe in Header – dropdown not working, hence click on “Subscribe” and it goes nowhere.
    – an extra problem in IE is that after clicking one link on a page (menu, product etc) all links stop working until page is refreshed.

2) Products
    – Overlay transition not working on product images on shop pages (home and shop)
    – Zoom icon disappeared – click on image and it goes to the product image pop-up/new page of single image
    – product gallery broken – click on thumbnail and it goes to the product image pop-up/new page of single image, rather than appearring in main product image.
    – Related product and recommended product sections under individual product listings are broken. Chrome shows heading only and lots of white space, IE shows huge images.
    – In IE – some product images appear fuzzy/low quality

3) Blog masonry broken – click on blog menu item and shows blank page.

4) Stockist page – set up as tabs for different locations… shows tab headings but no content.

There were four plugin updates made today – I noticed the problems before updates and they haven’t changed since updates.
    I turned off plugins to check. Couldn’t find the problem.
    Woocommerce was updated 4 days ago.
    Mailchimp pop-up “opt-in” code was added to Header.php last week.

No other changes made.
    Any ideas?

Many thanks!
    Nicky

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You have some errors in the javascript console that could be breaking other scripts and cause issues like that.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhnba2wqfm6umup/Screenshot%202017-05-15%2017.31.14.png?dl=0

Try to disable all plugins and clear the cache and test again to see if it’s a plugin conflict.

-Rui

nickycc

Hi Rui,

So the problem is with Woocommerce… all plugins (incl Woo) disabled and the menus were sorted, but obviously couldn’t see other issues as they are in Woocomerce layout… Woocommerce was reactivated first and the problem reappeared.

Suggestions?
    Woo support?

Cheers, Nicky

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Your menus have a lot of items? Let’s say above 50 items per menu.

Guess it’s better to contact Woo support, but you should try to activate the Twenty 17 theme and only Woocommerce to see if the menus are there. Because they would ask you this or say that is from our theme.

I just reminded something, you can contact your hosting support and ask them to increase the “max input vars” settings from 1000 to 3000.

max_input_vars = 3000;

-Rui

nickycc

Hi, no most menu items have 1 or 2 items apart from shop menu has all main shop categories, probably about 15…

There is also major issues with in Woo framework though … related and recommended products that come up under product listings… and the blog masonry is broken…

I have had my tech support looking at this also and she is not so clear on why it is happening. Definitely only since latest Woocommerce update though.

I will try the twenty seventeen theme when I am back online tomorrow (currently late New Zealand time here).

Cheers, Nicky

nickycc

PS I have changed blog to “mini” setting rather than masonry – so at least it is showing now

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Let us know about what you find. There is also a change that there is some error in your WordPress instalation.
    In that situation uploading the latest WordPress files again can help.

-Rui

nickycc

Hi – I have put in a request for support from WooCommerce but activating Twenty Seventeen the following happened.

1) Menus reappeared
    2) Related/Recommended product reappeared

3) BUT there are issues still with images – no zoom icon on product images, you can’t click on product images at all to view them, and same with product gallery.

Thanks, Nicky

PS I did the WooCommerce 3.0.7 and WordPress 4.7.5 updates that appeared today. But trying WordPress re-install this afternoon.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

There seems to be many JS console errors:

– Can you leave the child theme deactivated and please can you disable all plugins leaving only Swift Framework and WooCommerce active whilst we look further for you?

nickycc

Sorry have been out of range for a few days…

I got this back from Woocommerce Support forums:
    ———–
    Sometimes one Javascript error can halt execution leading to the range of errors you are experiencing. I suspect BWP Minify is serving up a Javascript which is now out-of-date.

Did you try deactivating BWP Minify? Did that fix the problems? If so, you have identified the way forward.

Reactivate it. What setting have you got at:
    Dashboard > BWP Minify > General Options > For cache buster use = ??

There doesn’t seem to be a setting to automatically flush the BWP Minify cache upon updating WooCommerce, but my reading of this setting is that just changing it will refresh the cache. You can change it back after. If this is the fix, you’ll have to remember to do it each time any plugin is updated.
    ———
    I did the above with no change.
    FYI: When reactivated …
    For cache buster, use – Cache folder’s last modified time = 1495249295

Before I do as you suggested can you please confirm what to leave activated that applies to Swift framework… does that include the plugins that were purchased with the theme?

Many thanks,
    Nicky

nickycc

Another reply from Woo Support:

“It all starts to go wrong with the webfonts error at line 32. WooCommerce doesn’t get involved with webfonts, but your theme does. If I read your first post correctly, you had the position with just your theme and WC in play and that didn’t work? So the problem could lie with your theme. So consider trying the theme vendor’s support service for assistance with this.”

Cheers, Nicky

nickycc
    This reply has been marked as private.
    nickycc
    nickycc
    David Martin – Support

What does MC specifically instruct you to do with the code? Do they ask for it to be inserted into the header?

If so, you would not modify the core theme files, you’d use a child theme. Please install and activate the supplied child theme, inside the child theme functions.php file paste this and add your code inside:

// Add scripts to wp_head()
    function sf_child_theme_head_script() { ?>
        <!-- Your code here -->
    <?php }
    add_action( 'wp_head', 'sf_child_theme_head_script' );

Adding JS can be complex and will cause errors if not done correctly. If you are unsure of JS and how to debug it, you should consult a developer to help you.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register