New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Header logo doesn't look good on standard resolution

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    DesignerDrew

While my websites header logo looks good on my retina MacBook Pro, on my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn’t look good at all. What’s the idea image size I need to use for this in Theme Options > Logo Options for the logo to look better?

Thanks!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the logo in Windows 10?

Can you try to use the retina logo with half the dimensions in the standard logo? It should look the same using that proportion.

-Rui

DesignerDrew

Hey Rui,

Per your request, I’ve attached a screen shot of the logo on my Windows machine and also from my Retina Mac.

I’ll look into trying what you suggested. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DesignerDrew

Rui,

I did what you suggested and reduced the size of the logo option by half and it still looks the same on my PC. The retina logo is 1000px x 1000px and the logo is 500px x 500px.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

The problem is the final size of the logo. I have my retina connected to an external non retina monitor and I can see the logo distorted on the external monitor but the retina version looks fine. So this isn’t even about Windows or Mac, it’s just the dimension of the non retina logo is too small and the lettering can’t be read at that size.

First in my opinion you need to make the logo readable in a non retina monitor because if you reduce the logo in Photoshop to 75 x 75 you still can’t read the text.

In my opinion the standard logo should be 150 x 150 and the retina logo 300 x 300 that will be resized to 150 x 150 because of the device ratio of the retina.

-Rui

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.