New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Error when uploading large images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Joanna

Hi there,

Recently I am getting errors when uploading larger images and it is very often impossible to finalise the import. Any idea why is it happening? Attached screenshot with the error.

This happens when I upload the images from the post uploader. In this example the image is: 1,9 MB.

Thank you,

Joanna

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you try to disable all plugins and check again?
    It can be a plugin conflict.

-Rui

Joanna

Hi there,

I tried, but still the same problem.

Thanks,

Jo

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Check your max upload size, if it’s enough, then please contact your hosts, as this is not related to the theme

– Kyle

Joanna

Hi there,

On WordPress it says that it is 8MB (and those photos are less) but I will check with the hosting.

Thank you,

Joanna

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Joanna

Hi there,

So I contacted the hosting and we checked the resources used for the website and as I do not have too much traffic to my site (it is not even hundreds of visitors, rather 10-20 a day) they said it looks like a php error and they reverted me back to you.

They said before purchasing additional resources, the php code should be reviewed as it seems to them like there is some error in the coding that not only causes the image upload problems but also down time to my website.Attached the usage screenshot from my cPanel with last 30 days of usage.

This became quite urgent for me now.

Could you please assist?

Thank you,

Joanna

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I forgot to ask you in my intervention to try it with Twenty 16 theme.
    Try it and let us know.

-Rui

Joanna

Hi there,

And how would I do that? Also, how to do that without interfering or destroying any settings of my page?

Thanks,

Jo

Kyle – SUPPORT

Dante is working fine on all of our other customer’s websites, did they just say ‘ it seems to them like there is some error in the coding’ or did they tell you specifically what that error was? Because it sounds like they’re just making excuses

– Kyle

Joanna

They have said to contact the developers of the theme before upgrading the resources as it does not look like the resource issue but a php issue that is causing down time to my website and making it impossible to upload images.

If that not helps and you confirm that php is all fine I can buy the resources but as it is not easy to downgrade later I should check first with you as it might not be the solution.

They said that it could be some kind of php function as it looks like something in php is going in the loop but they said, they are not developers so they can’t inspect the issue further for me.

Can you please assist? Are you able to inspect my php for issues?

We have added also come custom php codes. Maybe that is the reason?

Please, I do not have many visitors, but if 5 out of 10 do not see the page my website is becoming useless and all the hard work I do with the promotion goes to…

Joanna

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You just need to activate Twenty 16, the settings of our theme are stored in the database they won’t go away.

The maximum that can occur is to having to assign once again the menus, and it only happens once.

-Rui

Joanna

I have activated Twenty 16. I have tried uploading the large image and I did not get the HTTP error. It seems to work. Please see on the screenshot. Can I revert back now to Dante?

Attachments:
    Joanna

OK, I cannot wait with my website messed up like this. I have to revert it back as I have just send the newsletter. I believe this is proof enough that the error is in the Dante theme as I do not get the problem with Twenty 16 theme.

Now, can you assist, please?

Attached the screenshot that it works with another theme (same image)

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you add your FTP details and add a dropbox link of the image you are trying to upload for me?

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register