New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Broken images in search results

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    endub

Any link I have to a PDF gives me a broken image link in my search results in Chrome or Firefox. Safari gives a thumbnail of the first page. I believe they used to just give a document icon like the ones shown here: http://dante.swiftideas.com/?s=test

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you activate the parent to see if isn’t something in the child theme?
    Thanks

-Rui

endub

Thanks for the response. I tried that, same results when the parent theme is active.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It seems you have some errors in the javascript console that can be causing that.
    https://cl.ly/0J3q3O2p442Z/Image%202017-07-05%20at%2011.07.00%20AM.png

Can you disable all plugins and check if it still happens so we can discard a plugin issue?

-Rui

endub

I disabled all and there were still broken images.

endub

I also turned them off one at a time to see if there was some other conflict – same results when shift-refreshing the page after each deactivation.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up on this, we’ve fixed this – here is an adjusted build: http://swiftideas.d.pr/I4lfGY

Please let us know if that sorts for you!

– Ed

endub

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. I updated to the version you supplied, purged all caches, and searched, still the same results. I also tried activating the parent theme and checked, same results.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

They would only show a document icon if the search is returning a “Post” post type.

As you are using a plugin SearchWP to search for different posts types, the search results now return attachments(media post type) which is what the PDF’s are saved as.

You would need to hire a developer to integrate the custom search result layout for media type post types such as PDFs as unfortunate this customisation is beyond the scope of support.

You could simply insert your PDF links into your Posts, these would then display as expected in the results.

Thanks.

endub

Thanks again for responding. That makes sense to me, but in all the testing I am doing, why is it that in Chrome, I get these broken image links, as shown above, but in Safari, I seem to get thumbnails?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The HTML output is for an image, however, the URL for the image is the PDF link.

Chrome cannot render a PDF in the same way as Safari can within an image tag – I am surprised myself Safari can render what it is as strictly speaking the markup is wrong.

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register